Hiya! I’m back with ANOTHER baking blog post. I bet you guys are starting to have enough of how often I post baking/recipes on here haha! This is a short but sweet recipe.
- 25g Dr Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder
- 125g Plain Flour
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 1 Dr Oetker Ground Arrowroot Sachet
- 2tsp Dr Oetker Baking Powder
- 175g Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200ml Sunflower Oil
- 10g Dr Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Paste
- 175g Fresh Tofu
- 25g Pomegranate Seeds
- Icing Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a cake tin with baking paper.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and form a well.
3. Put the tofu, oil and vanilla into a blender and make a smooth paste. Then add this into the well. Carefully mix until it forms a truffle-like mixture. I was confused when this happened but I double checked and this is supposed to happen!
4. Pile into the cake tin. This was the tricky part for me, as it wouldn’t budge to make a cake shape! Maybe I didn’t add enough liquid for my dry ingredients! I had to get my dad to help me with this part hahaha!
5. Bake in the oven for 45/50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Wrap in cling flim and leave to stand for 24 hours. I think this is so it firms up!
5. To decorate I put some chocolate icing on the top and then scatter pomegranate seeds on top! That’s ready to eat!
Let me know if you’re going to try this recipe out at home!