Hiya everyone! Dr Oetker kindly teamed up with me for this blog post to show you some super simple and yummy (and somewhat healthy) vegan recipes this Easter! They kindly sent to me all of their ingredients to make this recipe and another one which will be coming out in a few weeks time!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- 200G pitted dates
- 20ml instant coffee granules (I used ground coffee!)
- Equivalent to a medium egg (I used Orgran)
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 45ml unsweetened almond milk
- 175g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 25g chia seeds
- Dr. Oetker Muffin Cases
- 65g icing sugar
- 2ml Dr Oetker Vanilla Extract
- 5g cranberries
- 5g pomegranate seeds
STEP BY STEP RECIPE:
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5. Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin cases. My muffin tray had six holes but I put the other four in a cupcake tray, they spread into monster cakes so I didn’t use those in the photographs haha. I just was far too lazy to wait until the first six were cooked to pop the rest in.
2. Chop up the dates into small manageable pieces and then put them in a saucepan with 175ml water and the granules of coffee. Bring to boil and simmer for about five minutes. Remove from heat and allow them to cool down so you can put them in a blender to make a paste!
3. Transfer the paste into a mixing bowl with the eggs, oil and milk. Add the flour, baking powder and seeds. Mix all this together.
4. Divide the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for around 20 to 25 minutes until firm to touch. Allow them to cool.
5. I waited until the next day to decorate these cakes because one, I made them at like 9pm so the lighting was HORRIFIC in my kitchen and I couldn’t stand to make any more photos for this post in that lighting and two, I was tired. I just made the icing with vanilla extract and 1-2 tsp of water.
6. Using a teaspoon, I drizzled the icing over each muffin. Then accompanied the icing with cranberries and some pomegranate seeds.
They were ready to eat and everyone in my family loved them! They were moist and not too overwhelming with the seeds – I don’t like chunks in my food hahhaa!
* This post contains PR samples I was kindly gifted for the purpose of review. However, all opinions are still my own!