I’m aware me turning thirty is a long way off. I’m not even twenty yet. But it’s literally eleven years away and there’s so many things I want to do in my life before the age I plan to want to settle down and stuff. I’ve complied a list of the things I want to do before I’m thirty years old, and hopefully when I am thirty, I can look back on this list and see if I completed any!
1. Read more. I am a big reader but anxiety is a bitch and ruins my concentration levels! I want to be able to read more. Maybe stick to my goodreads goals.
2. Buy a house. I’m not talking have the mortgage totally paid off, just have a house that I’m paying for.
3. Be at peace with myself. I know this is far fetched and I probably won’t manage this but it’s a dream. I’m taking baby steps to get there as I type so hopefully!
4. Go to Canada. A literal dream for me! I adore that place and I’ve never been, so I would like to.
5. Linking to number four, visit all continents. I want to go travelling so bad, and not in the hipster kinda way. I just want to see the world and all it has to offer and I think this is the best way for it.
6. Perfect my German. I speak German
badly! I learnt myself on an app and I’m no where near perfect but I aim to be.
7. Have some forever clothes. I’m talking stuff like a Stella McCartney bag or something. Gotta be vegan but something I won’t have to replace anytime soon.
8. Go on a detox holiday. I saw Hannah Witton do one of these a while back, no social media for a week?! Yes please.
9. Have alllll the animals. Rescue pets make my heart ache and I want to save them all. Realistically I won’t be able to but if I can save at least two dogs, that’s a life well spent!
10. Maybe have a child. A BIGGIE. I don’t necessarily mean my own either, I’m willing to adopt. Besides, as I’m writing this I am 19 and I cannot imagine myself being pregnant or giving birth any time soon.
11. Write a book. I know.. cliche. But I truly do! I love writing (duh I have a blog) and I would like to write something fictional!
12. Take up running. Or at least the gym. I want to do this now but lazy.
13. Treat my fucking dad. I love my dad. SO MUCH. He does so much for me and I’d love to be able to treat him whenever I please. Like take him on holiday (he really loves Germany so it could be there!) or buy him stuff whenever I see something he may like.
14. Find a forever partner. I know relationships aren’t always linear and in this day and age, they don’t last majority of the time. But I can hope. I hope when I’m 30 that I’m dating someone who I could see myself marrying or something.
15. Learn to drive. I know, shocker I don’t drive yet! I don’t feel ready to and hopefully when I’m thirty I’ll know how to drive. A car is included in this too!
16. Know what I want to do for the rest of my life. I am currently stressed out because I’m planning to go to university (if you are confused about this, look at this post for why I’m not at university right now) and I don’t even know what I want to do. But that’s minor and I know a lot of people have zero clue and that makes me feel a bit better. I’m warming to teaching or working in a museum.
17. See more iconic artists in concert. Is this even a me post if I don’t want to go to more gigs?!
18. Start my own vegetable patch in my garden! We used to have one of these in our garden. I say that, it got dug up around my birth so I never saw it but I have seen pictures and I want one for my own!
19. Stop peeling my nails. I know this sounds so weird because people tend to bite them but I don’t. I peel. I get the end of my nail with another nail I have and rip it and I’ve gotta stop doing that when I’m nervous.
20. Don’t be so afraid of spending money. This is so morbid but you can’t take it with you so why stress and stress over saving money and just live in the now. Sure, save money because ya never know when you may urgently need a couple pounds but don’t be so worried over spending.
21. Host a dinner party. Starter, main and dessert for a couple of people.
22. Go on a road trip. I’ve always wanted to do this but I don’t have a car nor someone who is willing to drive me to random places. Or the money.
23. Go to Disneyland/world. I wanna!!! I love Disney, maybe not as much as the average human but I do like it.
24. Go to a protest! It’s no secret that I am a budding activist. At the moment, I’m not in a frame of mind or a situation to protest so hopefully in between now and thirty, I’ll be doing it all the damn time.
25. Master how to use chopsticks. Kind of a silly one but I always struggle. I just kinda stab the sushi and hope for the best.
26. Be friends with someone who is the complete opposite to me. Not like politically because I don’t think I could be friends with someone who votes against another’s existence but maybe be friends with someone who likes different music or tv shows.
27. See the Northern Lights. A dream for many I’m sure!
28. Invest in some nice art for my house. I really like art and I’m not talking like an original Da Vinci but some nice art.
29. Find my perfect style. I’m always someone who slightly changes their appearance, I’m trying to find what I like the most and hopefully by 30 I’ll know hahaha.
30. Write a letter for me for when I’m 30. So I can open it and see how well I’ve done.
Let me know which one of my goals you think is one of your own! I’m always interested in knowing stuff like that.