Hiya everyone! Today I thought I’d give you all a wonderful recipe that I found out a while back and adapted to my own tastes. I love banana bread and I always find myself having extra bananas at the end of the week that are far too ripe for my own preference so why not make banana bread? It’s simple and vegan so what’s not to love about it?! I am pretty sure it’s easily adaptable to whatever intolerance you may have, just switch out the ingredients you’re allergic to for ones you can have! Anyway, this is vegan and dairy free!
- 225g/2 and a half cups of plain flour
- 3 heaped tsp baking powder
- 100g/ 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 75g/ vegetable oil
- some vegan butter to hand
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark six or 200 degrees celcius.
2. Mash the peeled bananas in a bowl until they are quite smooth. Then add in the oil and sugar and mix well.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and combine. I recommend adding each in individually instead of altogether because I noticed it mixed a lot better.
4. Add any other ingredients like walnuts or dried fruit, whatever you want in the banana bread.
5. Grease a tin with vegan butter. What I love doing recently is coating the butter sides with some sugar so the outside of the banana bread has a sugary coating!
6. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes and take out. Place tinned foil over the top of the banana bread to prevent burning and then put back in the oven for another 40 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for a little bit and then pop out. You don’t want to wait too long because the banana bread will cool to the sides of the tin so wait maybe 5 or 10 minutes.
8. It’s ready to serve after this point. You can do whatever you want, eat straight away warm or wait until it’s cool and gooey.
I hope you have a lovely rest of the day! And here’s a link to my blog post for last year’s blogmas!