Hiya! I used to love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups when I was a lot younger and I thought, I’d make my bloody own. It’s super simple. A lot of vegan alternatives on the market are so expensive, so I refuse to buy them. So until the prices are cut, I shall be making them from scratch.
– 1/2 cup of peanut butter
– 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– vegan chocolate
The reason why I’ve left vegan chocolate with no measurement is because I have no clue how much I used. I piled in two Sainsbury’s free from chocolate bars into a bain marie and then added some chocolate spread. For this reason, I am just gonna allow you to measure as you go? If you like a lot of chocolate, you know to add more in.
1. I boiled the kettle and poured the water into the saucepan and then placed a large bowl on top. Inside the bowl I added the chocolate and the chocolate spread.
2. Whilst the chocolate was melting, I added the other ingredients into my blender and blended them all up. Super simple and quick.
3. I laid out 12 cupcake cases onto my baking tray which is what I’m going to add the cups into for them to set!
4. Adding around two teaspoons of the chocolate mixture for the base, just make sure it covers the base enough! After this, add a small dish of the peanut butter mixture onto the chocolate.
5. I added the remaining chocolate over the top of the peanut butter to cover it and then put them into the fridge for around 30 minutes to set completely.
And that’s that! Let me know if you’re interested in making this! And if you have, how did they go?!