Hiya! I really enjoy making these blog posts because although they are difficult to narrow down, they are super fun! It also makes it easier for me to make playlists because I can just put my favourites in it! Although, because currently I’m only getting round to do my favourite artists, it is hard haha. Anyway, I’ll just get straight to it!
20. It’s Almost Halloween // Not on an album
Okay but honestly, this song is a banger. It’s funny because it’s not an actual released song but it’s made it to this list. I listen to this all the time. Doesn’t have to be Halloween.
19. I Constantly Thank God For Esteban // A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out
The backing to this song is 10/10!! I love the beat of the entire song, and also the lyrics obviously. The chorus making me wanna dance too but I think every song from this album is like that right??
18. Trade Mistakes // Vices and Virtues
I absolutely love this song!! I like how the introduction is kinda slow and mellow but then it gets to the chorus, and it’s still quite slow but it’s got a bit of a beat to it? Ya know?
17. Collar Full // Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
I love the “oh show me you’re love..” part of this song. I think it makes the song, in my opinion. And I reallllyyyy love the lyrics “if you’re gonna be the death of me, that’s how I wanna go” because it sounds really cute and I would like to be able to feel that kinda love from someone.
16. All The Boys // Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
I’m pretty sure this song is a bonus track that they released at a later date?? I’m not sure but I think it should’ve put it as an official song because it’s such a good one!! Like I love all of that album but I think this song should have at least been put on the album like all the rest of them.
15. Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking her Clothes off // A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out
I’m pretty sure everyone knows this song? Right? I think even to this day it’s a song that I refuse to be played when I’m in the car with my family. I guess if you have heard this song, you’ll know why…
14. Girl that You Love // Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
This was one of those songs that I always used to skip whenever I listened to TWTLTRTD but the more I listen to it, the more I regret it. It’s such a brilliant song.
13. Camisado // A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out
I just loveee how upbeat this song is! I can’t help but feel happy whenever I listen to this song hahaha.
12. The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage // A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out
“swear to shake it up if you swear to listen” is such an awesome lyric in my opinion! But the entire song does come across as arrogant which in my opinion is kinda like what the band is..
11. That Green Gentleman // Pretty Odd.
Fun fact: I used to have “things are shaping up to be pretty odd” just above my window in my bedroom. If you asked me like a couple years ago when I was right in my emo phase, I would have had this song a lot higher in the ranks because I was obsessed with this song. But now, a couple albums later, it’s quite lower.
10. Impossible Year // Death of a Bachelor
I just love how deep his voice is in this song. Like it sounds pretty different compared to the rest of the album too.
9. Nearly Witches // Vices and Virtues
How great is the intro to this song? I have no clue what’s being said at all but it’s soooo good. But once Brendon starts singing it’s a completely different song.
8. Girls/Girls/Boys // Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
The Ultimate bisexual anthem. That’s all I can say really.
7. Always // Vices and Virtues
If I have a relationship in the near future, I know I would like to feel like this song. Such a pretty love song dedicated to Brendon’s wife.
6. Northern Downpour // Pretty Odd.
This song is … SO SAD !! It’s meant to be a kinda reminiscing song but it just sounds so sad. Maybe that’s because of the tone?! I don’t know but this has been used as a break up song for me a couple of times.
5. Oh Glory (DEMO) // Vices and Virtues
WHY !! IS !! THIS !! NOT !! ON !! THE !! ACTUAL !! ALBUM !! It is worthy of being an official track I swear.
4. But It’s Better if You Do // A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out
This song is so so so good. The music video is everything, that’s all I’m saying.
3. Golden Days // Death of a Bachelor
This song makes me so very happy and I’m unsure why. I think it may be because it sounds like a throwback song and I guess it just makes me think about happy memories and all that jazz.
2. Hurricane // Vices and Virtues
Again, this song was one of those songs that I’d always skip but then one of the days, I’d listen to it and love it. The tone of the song is amazing and it makes me boogie.
1. Vegas Lights // Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
This is my favourite song from the album 100%. Ever since I saw them live in 2014, this song has just been my favourite. Every time I listen to it, it reminds me of seeing them so that’s probably why it’s really special to me.
Annndd that’s my top twenty! Let me know if you somewhat agree or whether you’d include a different song?!