Hiya! I thought I’d do a little blog post about anxiety and how it makes me struggle on a daily basis because I don’t think anxiety has much awareness at all. People tend to assume that anxiety is simple just being nervous and that’s not the case for many anxiety sufferers at all.
1. Double checking. I do this to death and it’s rather annoying. Before leaving the house, I double check that I haven’t left the oven on or any electrical items or what have you. I don’t trust what I see at all so I check it again, and again, and again. It’s exhausting.
2. I worry that I’m dying. This sounds like an exaggeration but it’s not at all. If I have a sharp (or minor for that matter) ache or pain in any part of my body, I assume the worst. For example, a headache may make me assume I have a tumour. An ache in my boob makes me assume I have breast cancer (this genuinely may be because my mother died of breast cancer so the thought it’s hereditary is always there). Heart palpitations mean I have a heart attack coming on. I’m really not over-exaggerating at all and in no way am I mocking those serious problems but my anxiety doesn’t think twice about that stuff.
3. Intrusive thoughts. I often get vivid images or thoughts unwillingly about family members dying, people around me dying or whatever else is in that list. Honestly, it’s horrendous. They pop into my head unprovoked and during unnecessary times.
4. I dissociate. I detach from reality completely. Some days this can be for a couple minutes to an hour but some days it can be well over an hour to the whole day.
5. Constantly in physical pain. You may be reading this and thinking “what?! how??” but let me tell you. I’m contstantly on edge. Constantly clenching my jaw, I’ve been noticing it a lot lately and it’s annoying me because I can’t stop. Constantly nauseous. I can go on.
Like I said, I can literally go on and on with how anxiety ruins my life but it wouldn’t benefit anybody because I’ll just get stressed out haha. Anyway, I hope you have a lovely day or night!