This style of post is circulating Youtube during these recent months. Seeing the likes of Velvetgh0st, Louise Pentland and many more completing the tag (can you call it that??) and I thought I would join in! I umm and ahh’d for many days because I really wanted to do this post but I’m not pregnant nor do I think I will be in the next few years, but I thought what the hell and am doing it anyway!
Now, I’m not saying these names are ugly or horrible because I adore them but I just don’t think I’ll be using them for one reason or another. And I’m not insulting anyone who has these names. I’ll just get straight into it.
1. Evie. I really love this name, it’s beautiful. I think I prefer it more than Eve and I think the reason I wouldn’t be using it is because it would be shortened to just that and I would hate every minute of it. I like the name Eve but I think Evie has such a cute tinge to it.
2. Edith. I think I have a E theme in this post hahaha. I think it sounds like an adorable name that could be used throughout the ages. I can imagine a toddler being called Edith and also an old lady called Edith. I don’t know why this name the list because if I had a child, I’d probably think about using it but I did know an old lady on my street called Edith and she passed away so I think that’s why I won’t be using it for my make believe child.
3. Robin. Again, such a cute name. I think it’s incredibly unisex so you could imagine any gendered baby being called Robin.
4. Darcy. I don’t now why I wouldn’t use it because it’s such a pretty name. It reminds me too much of Mark Darcy from Bridget Jones’ Diary though so that could be a possible reason why I’m against it.
1. Forrest. AHHHH. I love it so much. I just don’t think I’m call enough to use it. Again, I guess this could be a unisex name but for some reason, I always assume a boy would be called Forrest.
2. Andy. I love it. I love the sound of typically British middle aged men names.
3. Akina. I think this is unisex but I think I would much rather call a boy Akina. (no hate to any females with this name, it’s a beautiful name) It just seems pretty badass!
4. Alcander. I don’t know where I heard this name but I’m in love with it. It sounds a lot like Alexander but it’s different and jazzy. A much jazzier version of Alexander.
And those are my baby names I love but won’t be using! I have a huge list stored away on my laptop but I won’t be sharing some of them because I really do think, if I have a child someday, that I will be using it and I’m keeping them to myself hahaha!
Let me know below if you like any of these names?!